For the last couple of weeks I've been creating a series of 'Lesser Known Bird species' cartoons. So I thought that I'd go throught the process for putting them together step-by-step.
1. The Idea.
I've always found Magpies to be very aesthetically pleased, with their bold black and white. Seeing as Magpies have a reputation of being attracting to shiny things - and steling them - I thought I'd play around with this idea and bring it more up to date.
2. I got a picture from Pinterest to use as a reference.
3. I copied the picture, simplifying it a little, and making the head of the bird more cartoony.
4. I then positioned the bird as I imagined it in the finished picture.
5. I drew in the woman who has just had her phone snatched, and then filled in the characters. I set the bucketfill at 70% opacity. I usually don't fill in black areas at 100%, as I feel it can be too much.
6. I choose black and set the paintbrush to 20% opacity to use to outline parts of the characters to give the impression of form and depth.
7. I then added lines to give the impression of movement, and added the woman's eyes.
8. Finally, I added the title, caption, signature, border, and email address.
Hope you enjoyed it.
About the Cartoonist
Hey there, my name is Rob Middleton. I'm 'THE CARTOONIST.'
I pride myself on drawing your pets and other animals. Whether they be to gift another or too memorialize a beloved four-legged, or feathered family member a well-drawn cartoon is the perfect personalised gift to give someone in this hyped-up, photoshopped world we live in. I can also illustrate your articles, blog posts, or anything else you can think of.
Oh, yeah... one more thing.
I ALWAYS deliver on time.
I am currently for hire so, if you would like to speak to me directly you can email me by using the form below.